Sunday, January 29, 2017

34 Weeks, 5 Days Pregnant!



How far along: 34 weeks, 5 days

Total weight gain: +29lbs. Definitely make up for last week.

Stretch marks: None.

Sleep: Still doing great, despite a pretty nasty cold. Averaging 8.5 hours a night. 

Best moment this week: Thursday for sure. We met up with Logan and Linda at a delicious Mexican joint in Denver. We spent dinner laughing and sharing a bunch of interesting plates (duck meatballs, pork belly tacos, fried plantain). We also got ice cream at a place a few shops down, and it was delicious. It's been really nice for us to see them pretty consistently. Logan will randomly text asking if we're free, and we always are so it's been great adventuring around with them. We also installed the car seat today! Jon spent a few hours meticulously cleaning the car while I put the stroller together and strapped the car seat in nice and secure. It's so weird seeing it back there. So far, Happy knows to stay his distance. 

Worst moment this week: Getting a cold :( I had it really bad Thursday/Friday where I couldn't breathe at all out of my nose. I have a cough now and am still a little stuffy, but it seems to be working itself out. Another super annoying thing is we found 2 more chips in our windshield (which we had replaced on January 11th) so we're dealing with that.

Food cravings: I'm definitely craving veggies and have worked that into our meal plan this week. We're having oven roasted sausage, potatoes, broccoli, green beans, and carrots for dinner tonight, asparagus-spinach pasta pesto with blackened shrimp tomorrow, and ratatouille later this week. Hopefully this will satisfy my craving for healthy because I made chocolate peanut butter oatmeal squares today to balance it out!

Gender: Still leaning towards a boy. People at work have got me convinced, but we're definitely ready for either. Names are pretty solid, but we have our alternatives just in case, too.

Movement: Not as much. Poor thing is running out of stretching room. We were watching him/her scoot around in there last night, pushing their butt and feet out a lot. Still getting the hiccups pretty regularly, which still drives me crazy. It's like a muscle twitch.

Symptoms: Back ache. I also had heart palpitations while we were grocery shopping so I had to abandon Jon and sit for a while. Nothing I can't handle, and still feeling relatively good considering I'm nearing the 9 month marker.

Wedding rings on or off: On. My fingers looked pretty chubby yesterday, but are looking normal today.

Happy or moody: Happy, even with this cold. Again, I've had an incredibly easy pregnancy and am still feeling great. There's really nothing to complain about :)

Miss anything: Not really. Jon got me some non-alcoholic wine today as a surprise, so I'm really excited to try that out! I'm also still excited about not being pregnant. I know it will be hard initially, but it will be nice sleeping how I want and drinking alcohol occasionally.

Looking forward to: Lots! We have our next appointment on Tuesday, where we might get an ultrasound. And then we're going to a Mexican restaurant (another craving possibly...) that Jon has tried and loved.
Next weekend we might check out Fort Collins! We haven't been there yet and figure we might as well check it off the list while it's easy to do. There are a bunch of breweries there, so I might be that strange pregnant lady you've seen on a brew tour. Woohoo!
Jon's going out of town next week, which I'm kind of dreading and kind of looking forward to. Jon takes Happy out in the morning and at night and really dotes on me, so that will be hard. But I can eat whatever I want! I'm going to make fajitas and bruschetta and decadent salads! I'm also going to try to spend some time cleaning, but I haven't written off just laying on the couch each night. I'm already looking forward to his return, and am hoping the week flies until he's back.


Large and in charge!
LOOOOVING this beautiful handmade quilt from my mom. We're going to use it as baby's travel blanket when they're in their carseat. Isn't it perfect?! It even has a tag sewed on since babies love tags. My mom thinks of everything!
Someone invited himself into our bed this morning and was suuuuper snuggly. 
He still can't get over the rocker. 
Both my boys are loving the Snoogle pregnancy pillow Logan got me! I don't mind sharing during the day :)
Happy testing out his new limited territory. He was so good about not stepping on it, but we decided to install early to teach him that he can never pounce on it (he kind of loses his mind when he sees a bunny).

No comments:

Post a Comment