Sunday, February 5, 2017

35 Weeks, 5 Days Pregnant!


How far along: 35 weeks, 4 days

Total weight gain: +30lbs


Stretch marks: None.


Sleep: On and off. I woke up at 4am on Saturday morning and couldn't go back to sleep, but made up for it with 11.5 hours of sleep last night. It could be way worse, and I'm thankful I'm still getting solid and restful sleep. 

Best moment this week: Tuesday was really fun! I picked Jon up and his boss's house (so I got to snuggle their two golden retrievers real quick) and then we went to our doctor's appointment. Super uneventful, literally just heard the heartbeat. I'm now going to the doctor every week! After that, we went to El Comida at The Source and got delicious quesadillas and guacamole. It was great. 
This weekend has been very relaxing and fun, too. We grocery shopped yesterday, and then went to Lookout Mountain with Happy. It was VERY windy, so we didn't stay for long, but it was beautiful! We will definitely be going back. 

Today we're making lots of fun treats for the Super Bowl! We already made a buffalo chicken croissant ring, and there are snickerdoodles cooling on the counter. Later, we're making bacon wrapped dates, nachos, and hummus. And for dinner we're having chili! A LOT of food, especially knowing Jon will be gone this week, but we had to go all out for the Super Bowl! We've all been relaxing a lot, which has been exactly what I want to do all.the.time.
He's convinced this is his pillow now.
Worst moment this week: I felt really sick on our way home from Lookout Mountain yesterday. It was about a 45 minute trip there, and I'm not sure if it was the elevation or running around in the cold, but I felt like throwing up the entire drive home. Some women get nauseous and vomit before labor, so I was very nervous about going into labor early, but luckily it settled down once we got to a lower elevation and I got some water. We had a lazy night after with pizza, a movie, and sleeping on the couch around 7:30pm. Overall, it all turned out okay!

Food cravings: Still veggies, though sweets are not far off. I'm excited to make some fajitas this week, and I got a bunch of bags of fancy salads to enjoy. 

Gender: Still a mystery! :)

Movement: YES! Oh my goodness, and it hurts. Baby keeps stretching its space to the limit. It constantly pushes its butt into my ribs and its feet straight out at my belly button. I got a good shot of my lopsided belly!

Symptoms: My back ache has died down because baby dropped a bit! I did a comparison photo from last week to this week, and you can see it's just a tad lower. I can definitely feel it in my pelvis (which makes it a lot harder to roll over at night) and it's causing me to waddle more.

Wedding rings on or off: On, but getting tight. I couldn't get them off yesterday, but then came off just fine today. I'm considering wearing my engagement ring on a necklace because my wedding band is much thinner. We'll see though.

Happy or moody: Happy. I am bummed that Jon is leaving tomorrow, but I know the week will go fast and he'll be home soon. My mood overall has been really good!

Miss anything: Nope!

Looking forward to: My appointment on Tuesday! We might have an ultrasound to get final measurements, but who knows. This will be my first appointment without Jon, and thus I will come straight home with no Tuesday Date Night, but Happy will be thrilled to not be left out. I'm reeeeally looking forward to Jon coming home! We found out his work will pay for a taxi to/from the airport, so I won't need to wake up super early to drive him. I already did a lot of cleaning today, so I think I might just relax this week!


Morning snuggles are a necessity. Happy recently has taken to sitting his butt directly on my stomach, so we're trying to encourage better manners. Also, how spoiled is this dog to get breakfast in bed every morning!?
Someone must have hidden a beach ball under there...

No comments:

Post a Comment