Monday, January 16, 2017

32 Weeks, 6 Days Pregnant!


How far along: 32 weeks, 6 days

Total weight gain: +27 lbs. My doctor said I'm right on track! Wahoo!

Stretch marks: None!

Sleep: Great! Averaging about 8.5 hours (thanks, FitBit). I've been having a super easy time falling asleep and staying asleep. As I've said every week, I am so thankful this is not an area of struggle for me. I need that sleep!

Best moment this week: So many! We had a three day weekend, and it all was great! We decided this was our "splurge" weekend before baby joins us since it was a holiday weekend. And we did indeed splurge!
Saturday we went to see La La Land (GO SEE IT!) at the Alamo Drafthouse. It's a movie theater where you can order food and drinks. We got a milkshake and unlimited cold brew coffee to share. I got a fried egg sandwich with fries and Jon got chicken and waffles for the first time ever. We were pleasantly surprised to find that the food was amazing and it made the experience so much more fun. We already decided we might try to sneak away when Nana and Poppy visit to see Beauty and the Beast there! :)
On Sunday we had our hospital tour, which was really great. It was so reassuring to see the hospital and exactly where we'll be for labor, delivery, and recovery. The hospital is incredibly family and baby oriented, which relieved a lot of my fears. You're not just a patient there, but they really care about your birth wishes and making sure you are comfortable with breastfeeding before you leave. After the hospital visit, we went to 5280 Burger Bar! We got delicious burgers and fries, and hand-churned ice cream. Indulgence for sure.
Today we had our doctor appointment, which was incredibly uneventful. Baby's heartbeat is good, and we got some questions answered, so that was nice! I'm hoping next appointment is another ultrasound. We also found out I have a bladder infection, so I'm happily on antibiotics. It was really nice because we dropped Happy off at Jon's boss's house for a trial run. Happy got along GREAT with their two dogs, Ranger and Hildie. They even have a doggie-door, though we could not convince Happy to go through. What a goon. After that, we went to the Cheesecake Factory and even got cheesecake to go that we've been munching throughout the day. And we packed our hospital bag! See? A great weekend!

Worst moment this week: We had a massive crack in our windshield. It started with a tiny little speck, and grew giant in a few days time. I guess it's "typical" in CO, but annoying.

Food cravings: Healthy foods! I had a monster spinach salad with fresh tomatoes on Friday night, and got a veggie quinoa burger at 5280 Burger Bar, so I've been feeling good. Yeah, cheesecake, too, but I would've eaten that not pregnant!

Gender: Mystery! I think we finalized names for both a boy and girl today at lunch, though. However, we're both very open to the idea that names might change depending on when we meet baby. We had names picked out for Happy, and none them fit him. I can't imagine how much harder it will be for a person. And, don't bother asking because we're keeping them secrets!

Movement: Yup. I look like there's an alien in my belly sometimes. Less jerky movements, and more deliberate pushes. It's pretty crazy!

Symptoms: Back ache and my belly feels so heavy. I got a sling for baby wearing and wrapped it around my belly yesterday to hold it up. It actually worked fairly well!

Wedding rings on or off: On!

Happy or moody: Happy. We're getting really close now and I'm pretty ready to do this. I was reading a book this morning called "12 Hours' Sleep by 12 Weeks Old" and am really excited to implement. It's big on baby adjusting to your life, not adjusting your life to baby. I know, easier said than done. I think this will be really beneficial for our family, though. Plus, I'm hoping if I can get baby on a routine, it will allow me to possibly take a year off of teaching and watch someone else's little one in our home. All just thoughts now, so we'll see how it goes once baby arrives.

Miss anything: Not really. I still make mental lists of what alcohol to buy for when baby is out, but I've been feeling really good lately. I miss not aching by 9am every day, but that's all just a part of the process.

Looking forward to: Nothing in particular, other than getting closer to baby's due date. Our next appointment is at the end of the month, and again, I hope they do an ultrasound so we can see the little one once more before we meet them in person. Jon is traveling at the start of February, so I'm crossing my fingers nothing crazy happens while he's out of state! I guess I'm looking forward to him being home already!

Our sling from WildBird. It's the easiest and most convenient way to wear baby. I have a feeling this will be a staple at the grocery story!

As they warned us, windshields get cracked far more often in CO :( Luckily this was easily fixed in the school parking lot.

Quinoa Black Bean burgers! I decided I'm going to make these in bulk and freeze them before we have baby so we can have healthy, delicious, easy food at a moment's notice.

Family snuggles are my favorite!

I mean, come on. He's so cute I want to die.

This was when I was trying to start the sleep book! I think Happy is already a little jealous. If we get this sleep routine down though, it will give us more time to dote on Happy so he doesn't feel left out!



No comments:

Post a Comment