Saturday, January 21, 2017

33 Weeks, 4 Days Pregnant!



How far along: 33 weeks, 4 days

Total weight gain: +24 lbs. I somehow lost three pounds since last week. Don't worry, I'm making up for it today!

Stretch marks: Still, surprisingly, none. I make Jon check daily :)

Sleep: Still incredible. Averaging 9 hours of sleep a night this week. 

Best moment this week: I got so ahead in work this week, which made me breathe a giant sigh of relief. One of my teammates and I both teach 6th grade math to our advanced 5th graders. I typically make the notes for the day, and she makes the activities (we're utilizing Interactive Notebooks). She was a little concerned that when I left, this would all be on her shoulders. I've worked really hard to get over 40 lessons ahead of where we're at now, which should be more than enough to help her finish out the year. To give you an idea, we've done 50 lessons since the start of the year, and I just finished lesson 90! I'm still hoping to get to 100, just in case. Plus, my notebook is now nearly complete, which will be great for future years of work or even interviews. I'm even thinking about trying to sell bundles of my notes on Teachers Pay Teachers since Interactive Notebooks are really taking off in the teaching world. 

Worst moment this week: Nothing really awful has happened, other than just getting a massive back ache by around 9am every day. It just gradually gets worse throughout the day until I feel like I can't even move. Luckily, laying in bed really helps so I usually head to bed around 8-8:30. I think this also helps me fall asleep early, and catch up on the sleep I'm not getting while rolling around.

Food cravings: Still spouts of healthy foods, and also sweets. Last night I had bruschetta for dinner, and that was it. Today, we got LaMar's donuts (OMG they are the best) and Jon's currently out getting ingredients for puppy chow. Balance, right? During our hospital tour, they suggested eating one delicious, fatty craving before going to the hospital since you're restricted to clear liquids until you give birth. I'm already planning what I want on hand the next few weeks in case that happens. 

Gender: Mystery! I am still heavily leaning towards boy. I even have slipped a few times and called baby "he" to friends and coworkers. Hopefully this doesn't mess with baby's psyche if it's a girl! Jon sometimes will refer to baby as the boy name we picked out, so I think it's safe to say we'll be surprised if it turns out to be a little lady.

Movement: Tons. Very deliberate pushing, and I can tell baby is getting cramped. Generally, baby's butt sticks out to the right of my belly button, and it stretches its legs straight out to my left side. It can be rather painful at times. Happy was leaning up against my side when baby pushed out really hard, and the two combined pinched my stomach and I had to shout at Happy to get off. He was really pouty about it for a while :(

Symptoms: Back ache. I had never had back ache before, and I was warned about it, but I didn't imagine it to be like this. Waddling helps relieve pain, but I don't want to waddle everywhere I go. Luckily my coworkers have been picking my kids up from recess daily so I don't need to walk extra.

Wedding rings on or off: On!

Happy or moody: Happy. Also, ready to get this done with! I'm excited to get this show on the road. Although, I'm praying I can make it at least to 39 weeks, because that will be my last week of work. It's kind of a nightmare for me to imagine going into labor at school, so please say a prayer that I make it to February 28th, at least. I have a feeling I'll go later since I have a taller frame, but coworkers have been telling me they had their baby at 34 weeks, or 35 weeks, and that's really soon!

Miss anything: Just being able to get up and walk around like a normal person. I need to heave myself out of bed and usual grunt when doing so. It's adorable.

Looking forward to: I think next weekend we're going to clean the car and attempt to install the car seat! At the hospital, they told us that 80% of carseats are installed improperly. They offer a "Coffee and Car Seats" program where you can install the seat, and then come in and get it checked for safety, which I plan to take advantage of. We already filled out the birth certificate information (minus name and gender), so it's nice knowing we just need to make it to the hospital when the time comes!

How adorable is this??


We can't get over how obsessed we are with him.


LaMar's donuts! Vanilla bar, maple bar, old fashioned, sugar raised, maple glazed, and blueberry filled with vanilla frosting! Once I saw that I lost 3 pounds, we immediately hopped in the car, got Caribou (Happy got another bagel that he buried in the car), and got donuts. Yum!


Trying out baby's swaddles


The view from above. My little freckle on the right is going through some growing pains.

No comments:

Post a Comment