Saturday, October 29, 2016

21 Weeks, 4 Days Pregnant!


21 weeks, and baby is looking perfect! Still can't get a good shot of the wiggle worm, but we were happy to hear all is progressing as planned. Baby is weighing in at 1.1lb already, and measuring five days ahead. Let's hope it either comes early, or stops growing too much. I don't want a 10lb baby!
How far along: 21 weeks, 4 days

Total weight gain: 11.4 lbs

Maternity clothes: Nope! A lot of my style before was loose fitted clothing, so it's still working for me. I even can still squeeze into my pants - though that's fading fast. My students actually commented on how they couldn't even see my bump yet. Woohoo!

Stretch marks: Nope, but getting itchy! 

Sleep: Good, but different. I still sleep long hours, but I wake up very often. Not even just to pee, but to roll over - something I used to do in my sleep. Plus I'm much more of a light sleeper now and our neighbors have been really noisy starting at 5:00am, or even once at 1:30am, so that's been frustrating. We got baby's nightlight/sound maker so that might come in handy if the neighbors are loud!

Best moment of the week: This morning was really great. I woke up early and assumed I wouldn't be able to fall asleep again, but then Jon woke me up at 8am to see what I wanted from Einsteins! What a dreamboat. It's Happy's birthday weekend (Halloween pup!), but Jon's making it feel more like mine. Plus he really babied me when Happy and I hit faces, so that's always gonna help!

Worst moment of the week: I was actually thinking this morning that there hasn't been a worst moment of the week... and then Happy and I collided faces and I split my lip open. Lots of blood, swelling, and tears. Jon was right there, so he was able to direct me to the bathroom sink without too much blood dropping, and get me ice. The swelling has already gone down, but not the best look for a pregnant lady. I felt very self-conscious about it in the grocery story and PetCo today.

Food cravings: Still not really much. Last night around 9pm I was craving Pizza Hut, but I stopped Jon from getting it. We had already had dinner, and baby only needs a mere 300 more calories than I would eat not pregnant. I felt very proud for having the self control. Oh, and then I ate some coffee ice cream and a bowl of cereal. Whoops.

Gender: Mystery! I get such mixed reactions from people. Some are so excited because that's what they did and they really treasured the experience, and others have no problem telling me I'm already making a mistake and the kid hasn't even come out yet! We really don't care, and are still very excited for the surprise.

Movement: Pretty consistently now! It's still rarely a huge kick, but little flutters and jabs that Jon can usually feel. Baby does not like a tight waist band, which I found out yesterday. I squeeze into my regular jeans for the day (with the help of some rubberbands), and by the end of the day the baby was kicking right along the tightest part. Once I took them off, kicking stopped. Also, when you push on my stomach, babe will sometimes push back, trying to get their space back. Only gonna get smaller in there from here on out!

Symptoms: Headache, restless sleeping, and fatigue. I feel like I could sleep at pretty much any point of the day still. But then I don't really sleep soundly. It could be MUCH worse, though!

Belly button in or out: Out. Still sad about it, still trying to hide it.

Wedding rings on or off: Still on. I've been brainstorming how I can transform my ring into a necklace. I'm still obsessed with it and not willing to give it up!

Happy or moody: Minus getting conked in the face and sobbing about it for a few minutes, pretty happy! I've even been in a better mood at school with the kids, which I'm sure they appreciate. I love this season, and my birthday is soon, and then we're heading to Illinois!

Looking forward to: Next weekend! I have my exam on Saturday at 7am in Denver, ugh. But after that, we're going on a tea-tour in Boulder at my favorite tea company, and we'll go to Fuzziwigs - a well renowned candy shop according to my students. For dinner we'll go back to Seasons 52 because their food and service was really great. On my actual birthday, we're going to get Voodoo Donuts in Denver and do a crock pot dinner so we can relax. Jon and I really drag out birthdays and do "birthday weeks," so this whole week will be very special.

We went to el Camino Community Tavern after our appointment, and were not disappointed. We got guac and queso for $2 (happy hour), and eight tacos for $1 a piece! We will definitely return for more Taco Tuesdays since my appointments are always on Tuesdays!
This actually makes it look better than it does in real life. I've never gotten hurt where blood is just dripping, which really freaked me out. I think it was more shock than anything else and I've been eating/drinking like normal. Can't wait to see my kids' reactions when I go to school Monday!
This might have been the first baseball game I've watched since my brothers played, but it was exciting either way. I did read through most of it - boy, does baseball move slow - but it was fun to see all the support. Of course, the minute we move away from Chicago, they go to the World Series. Poor Jon!

No comments:

Post a Comment