Saturday, October 1, 2016

17 Weeks, 4 Days Pregnant!

This is the first picture where I feel like it looks more like a bump and less like I'm trying to gain weight!

How far along? 17 weeks, 4 days

Total weight gain: +6.8 lbs

Maternity clothes? Not consistently. I told my students I’m pregnant this week, so I don’t have to stick to baggy things anymore. I’ll get a lot more use out of my normal clothes because it doesn’t matter if the bump shows.

Stretch marks? Not yet!

Sleep: Great! 9.5 hours last night :)

Best moment this week: We had a lot of fun times! Tuesday we went to the doctor and heard the baby’s heartbeat. Next month is our extended ultrasound to see how organs and baby is growing. We could find out the gender, but we’re still very excited about waiting. After our appointment, we went to Lowry Beer Garden and got delicious burgers and cheap soft serve.
On Wednesday, we spent the whole night in bed, which was really fun. We caught up on some TV and ate in bed and fell asleep nice and early!
On Thursday I told my kids I'm pregnant. We played hangman to find out, and it was fun seeing some kids get it before others. They were SO excited, and the parents have been nothing but supportive and so complimentary. I told Jon, it makes me really think about whether to go back to work or not. On one hand, I'd be so lucky to stay at home with the baby, but on the other I feel like I'm really good at teaching and making an impact on students and I'm not sure I should give it up. We have time to figure that all out though!
I also found out this week that a good friend from Illinois is pregnant! So thrilled to experience this with her and see her soon at our baby shower.
And then this morning we went to Snooze, which is always a good time with delicious foods. I also finished buying/wrapping Jon’s presents and it’s getting me excited to celebrate his birthday.

Miss anything? Nope!

Food cravings: Honestly nothing this week. Although I had pineapple pancakes this morning, Hawaiian pizza for lunch, and we’re making caramelized pineapple burgers for dinner.

Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope! I have an air freshener right on my school desk to ward off any gross smells!

Gender: Mystery!

Movement: I think I might be feeling some jabs! It’s honestly still hard to tell, but I like to imagine I can feel it.

Symptoms: Acne! I just read an article on pregnancy glow. It failed to mention not EVERYONE will get it, and some will be left with prepubescent teen skin. Love it.

Belly button in or out? In. It does look werid sometimes and Jon likes to poke at it.

Wedding rings on or off: On.

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy! I did start crying randomly one morning this week, but it was a fleeting moment and Jon did great. Jon’s been on trial this past week so we’ve been getting up and leaving really early each morning. I think that put me in crabby moods some days. Imagine that!

Looking forward to: So much! We're going out to dessert at Eddie Merlots with Logan and Linda tomorrow. I totally forgot Logan would be in town, and it's going to be so fun to joke with him and eat delicious desserts; Jon’s birthday this week – we’re going to a surprise dinner out and doing the pumpkin festival next weekend; Fall Break next week – I have tons of errands to run, but Jon might work from home one day so we can get our CO licenses together so that would be fun; HelloFresh hooked me in again – they sent a 50% off coupon, so we signed up for the week I’m off work and then will cancel again (we will be cooking Baked Fusilli Pasta with kale and fresh mozzarella cheese, Sesame Shrimp with ginger scallion rice and crispy green beans, and Pork and Apple Burgers with rosemary fries and mixed greens). Sorry HelloFresh! I’m soooooo looking forward to Thanksgiving! I knew I would miss home, but I am overly excited to go back and see how it’s changed and see everyone else of course. I’m ultra excited for our baby celebration, and I’m weirdly excited for Happy to be around Charlie and Jack and his family again. We think he’s going to be over the moon to be reunited with everyone!

$2 soft serve at Lowry Beer Garden!

Vanilla Latte and Hot Chocolate - I'll let you (correctly) guess who got which.

I didn't even bother to take a picture of Jon's breakfast, but this is the pancake flight - peanut butter cup, sweet potato with candied pecans, and pineapple upside-down pancake!

Took Happ on a nice walk in the field behind our apartment. He had a blast.

I'm obsessed with our fall decorations. I'll admit, I did look at decorations at Home Goods for probably 20 minutes while I was supposed to be shopping for Jon, but I didn't buy a thing! I could totally do with more decorations, but I'm embracing the minimalistic look for the sake of our wallets and space.


No comments:

Post a Comment