Saturday, October 22, 2016

20 Weeks, 4 Days Pregnant!

You can see Happy in the background waiting to go to the park
How far along: 20 weeks, 4 days

Total weight gain: 10 lbs

Maternity clothes: I didn't wear any this week! I wore joggers and leggings basically all fall break, so I was pleasantly surprised to find I still fit into my non-maternity pants and wore those to work. Dresses are my new best friend.

Stretch marks: nope

Sleep: Still averaging around 9 hours a night, so I'm happy! I did have trouble falling asleep the other night, but I also had eaten some coffee ice cream right before bed so I'm hoping it was because of that.

Best moment this week: We got out first piece of nursery furniture, and I am OBSESSED! I also had conferences this week, which were actually really great. I had a parent crying about the positive change she's seen in her son and how much he loves having me in his life, so of course I was crying, too. Meeting with parents is daunting, but it's incredible to see their face when I tell them the positives I see in their kids and then hear what I mean to their families. Anyway, conferences meant I had a half day Thursday and no kids Friday. I got home on Friday around noon, which was really nice. I just sat on the balcony with Happy and read. I needed the relaxation! I've also planned one of my classes through Thanksgiving, so that's a really nice feeling! Also, Jon and I are making black bean burgers tonight, so that's always fun and delicious.

Worst moment this week: I think it was just that the nights felt like they flew by. I really value the time I spend with Jon, and it's just not enough! We take big advantage of the weekends and getting in all our time together, so that makes up for it.

Food cravings: Honestly, none. I craved coffee ice cream for a day, and we got some. Even since then, I haven't really wanted it though. The sweetest parent bought me some of her pregnancy cravings (Sprite, Pringles, and gummy bears) and I truly don't want any of them. I was telling Jon today I don't even want snacks or sweets. I pretty much stick to meals and that's all.

Gender: Mystery!

Movement: Small movements here and there. The other day while my students were waiting to go home, baby was going crazy. I feel some kicks randomly, but nothing consistent or no consistent time of day. I'm excited for when it's more regular and Jon can feel it more. He can feel soft thumps, but it will be cool when we can see let too!

Symptoms: Acne and back ache. My lower back will hurt from time to time, but nothing that I can't live through. I've been getting killer headaches, which is really hard when you're working with unruly children. 

Belly button in or out: Out! :( So sad because it shows through my clothes.

Wedding rings on or off: Still on, but my fingers are definitely starting to swell.

Happy or moody: Still happy! Although I haven't loved being pregnant, and the first trimester was the hardest time I've been through, I realize how lucky I've been. I still sleep great, eat well, and am in a good mood most of the time. Let's just hope it stays that way!

Looking forward to: Tuesday! We have our ultrasound. It's been two months since we've last seek the babe. Even though I feel kicks, I sometimes worry that something is wrong so I'm excited to get some reassurance. Also, Katie and Mike are coming to Denver this week, and I really can't believe we'll see them! Katie and I have perfected the long-distance friendship since 2008, so it's always surreal when we're actually together.

Happy is always either putting a paw on my belly, or trying to lay his whole body on my belly. It's pretty adorable. We'll see what he does when it gets bigger!
Isn't this beautiful?! We have a navy rocker heading our way soon. Everything else will be white, so those two will be so pretty as our "pop" of color.
Happy is way too obsessed with us, even at the park. He did meet a mini Golden Doodle lady friend who caught his attention. Luckily she encourage him to get in some much needed running.
The first time I've noticed the bump while sitting. I told Jon today that it rests on my legs when I sit. So weird!

No comments:

Post a Comment