Saturday, October 15, 2016

19 Weeks, 4 Days Pregnant!

Forgot to do my morning picture, which is usually when I'm the smallest. This was after a giant omelet, sourdough toast, and a pumpkin macchiato, YUM.

How far along: 19 weeks, 4 days

Total weight gain: +9.4 lbs, same as last week

Maternity clothes: I used a gift card to buy a few tops from Target. Still no bottoms, so my plan for now is to stick to dresses and using the rubber band trick on my pants. 

Stretch marks: None yet! I've begun lotioning my belly because it's getting itchy - evidence of stretching!

Sleep: Lovely as ever! Fall break has allowed me to easily get 9-10 hours a night. I do wake up often to roll around. I still find myself sleeping on my stomach, but it hurts! I wish my sleeping self would get it. 

Best moment this week: Friday for sure! I met Jon downtown for lunch at The Market (delicious sandwiches and lemonade), and then he got to come home early, which was a treat! We made the most delicious dinner - pork apple burgers with rosemary fries. You grate a Granny Smith apple, squeeze out the liquid, and mix with ground pork. YUM! Today was also a blast. We went to Three Little Griddles for breakfast and then picked up Happy and traveled about an hour to Evergreen, CO. They had a beautiful lake with stunning views, so we spent a lot of time walking around there.

Worst moment this week: Tuesday by far because we had to go to the DMV. Should have been obvious, but Jon and I were hopeful it would be a quick trip. 3 hours and nearly $350 later, we walked out around the time I typically pick Jon up from work. I also did not eat a lot that day (due to not anticipating being out so long, silly me) and paid for it the next day with a lot of nausea and throwing up. Since then I've been doing small snack type meals throughout the day to keep from feeling sick. 

Food cravings: Really none. I'm surprised to have no constant cravings as of now. It's nice eating whatever we planned for dinner. I stick to healthy snacks throughout the day - carrots and hummus, cottage cheese and Western dressing, grapes, bananas, ratatouille, really anything with something fresh. 

Gender: Still a mystery! We have our anatomy scan in a few weeks and I fully intend to look away during parts to keep from ruining the surprise. 

Movement: Yes! Finally! On Thursday, I got an iced coffee and was drinking it laying in bed (what a hard life I lead) and there was a thump in my stomach! I pushed on my stomach, and baby kicked back! It was very exciting. I texted Jon right away. Usually I get one good strong kick a day, and little flutters whenever I'm in a reclined position. Jon actually felt it today, which I've heard is incredibly soon, so we must have a strong bebe! It's nearly impossible to time and very infrequent, so we were super excited he felt it. It's definitely making it real!

Symptoms: Still sporting the acne. I'm resigned to the fact that I'll probably have acne the whole pregnancy. I tried to spend break really taking care of my skin, washing consistently and using witch hazel and not wearing a lot of make up, and still new acne popped up. They say girls steal your beauty, right...?

Belly button in or out: If my stomach is bloated, it's out. I can still push it back in, but it looks like I'll have an outie soon. 

Wedding rings on or off: On, thankfully, but getting snug. We were outside a lot today and it was relatively hot (I got a bit sunburned), so I'm hoping it's just the heat.

Happy or moody: Moooostly happy. Since Tuesday was such a nightmare and I didn't eat well, I was just in a sad mood that night. Jon was great, as always, and came to bed early with me. I don't know how some women do this alone. They are superstars. I depend on Jon so much, and he never disappoints. 

Looking forward to: Katie and Mike will be visiting around the 25th! That is also our anatomy scan, so it's going to be an awesome time. We're going to meet them in Denver or Boulder. We haven't seen them since we visited them in the UK in July 2015! Katie is looking at grad schools so cross your fingers she falls in love!! 

My boys <3

Yup, Happy's taking his millionth pee for the walk

A great example of my sometimes-outie belly button

This was our first time EVER carving pumpkins together! It was fun talking about how next year we'll have baby with us to scoop out the guts and make a hot mess :)


No comments:

Post a Comment