Saturday, October 8, 2016

18 Weeks, 4 Days Pregnant!




How far along? 18 weeks, 4 days

Total weight gain: +9.4 lbs, yikes! Luckily my doctor said I’m right on track!

Maternity clothes? Not really. I’m going to use a generous Target gift card next week to buy some much needed pants and tunics, so I’m excited for that.

Stretch marks? Not yet!

Sleep: Great! I’ve been warned repeatedly lately about pregnancy insomnia, but so far I have been loving sleeping endlessly. I have the strangest dreams and they are all so vivid, too.

Best moment this week: Celebrating Jon’s birthday/birthday weekend! We went to Seasons 52 for dinner on Jon’s birthday, and it was sooo nice! They gave us complimentary champagne, and free dessert, and even with two nice entrees and a drink, it was far less than we anticipated. Then, Jon opened his presents and loved them all!
Today we celebrated some more with donuts from the Fractured Prune (see below for details) and the ChatfieldPumpkin Festival. It was so fun! There were so many food vendors, so we spent most of the time grabbing good food (shredded pork, cheese, and BBQ sauce loaded French fries, a fresh roasted hot dog, and gelato)! Plus we picked out pumpkins and will be carving for the first time together next weekend. Overall, this felt like my birthday, too.

Miss anything? Nope!

Food cravings: Nothing. I haven’t even felt the increase of appetite that should be coming anytime soon.

Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope!

Gender: Mystery!

Movement: It’s still hard to tell, but I’m ready for it! I think it will make me feel pregnant again since I’ve been feeling so normal (minus the bump appearing).

Symptoms: Acne and back pain. I typically only sleep on my stomach, so it’s been hard transitioning to my side. Last weekend I tweaked my neck/back and literally couldn’t move for a few hours. It was conveniently when we were going to work out, but I wasn’t just milking it!

Belly button in or out? In-ish…? It’s definitely weird. Sometimes it’s flat, and other times it’s out. Jon is pretty grossed out by it, so of course I make him touch it all the time!

Wedding rings on or off: On.

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy! How could I not be? It’s my favorite time of year!


Looking forward to: Fall Break this week! I don’t have work, and am going to take so much advantage of it! I brought literally all my school stuff home and plan to get ahead as much as possible. Jon’s taking a half-day on Tuesday so we can get Colorado licenses and license plates, and register to vote. Plus, I have to get fingerprinted for school still and sign up to take the PLACE exam so I can get my CO teaching license. So not the most exciting adventures ahead, but I can snooze around all day, and not wear pants, and meet Jon downtown for lunch! Plus our HelloFresh box is coming, and I cannot wait!

They had dessert sliders! This was Jon's - s'mores!

 The Fractured Prune is amazing! They fresh make your donuts to order, and then you choose a glaze and toppings, or one of their pre-designed donut combinations. We got Maple Bacon Bomb, Blueberry Hill, French Toast, and Morning Buzz. 

Jon found his pumpkin pretty quick!


The bump's first pumpkin

Someone else wanted in on the fall action!



No comments:

Post a Comment