Saturday, February 25, 2017

38 Weeks, 4 Days Pregnant!


How far along: 38 weeks, 4 days

Total weight gain: +35 lbs. I'm not even stressed over this any more.

Stretch marks: Just the ones above my belly button. Still waiting on ones on the side to pop up!

Sleep: Good! Averaging 8 hours this week, but still feeling exhausted. I plan to take advantage of maternity leave (if I make it to then) by resting and snoozing as much as possible.

Best moment this week: Last weekend was actually great because Jon cleaned the tub for me and I took two baths! I'm not typically a bath person, but I set up candles, used a bath bomb (which I am officially obsessed with) and listened to my audiobook. It made all my back pain go away. It really made me think I'll be taking advantage of the tub in my birthing suite.
Tuesday was fun because we had another doctor's appointment and it was a BEAUTIFUL day - like 72 out! We went to Lowry Beer Garden after and indulged in the most delicious burgers we haven't had since this fall. It was the best, and it really hit me that this won't happen much more. We can certainly go out with baby, but random day dates in the city just the two of us will soon be things of the past.
Jon got a burger with sugared bacon, cheddar, and BBQ and I got a garden burger with avocado and swiss. AND I got a $2 chocolate soft serve cone! 
Worst moment this week: Today. It was both the worst and best. I spent over 6 hours at school getting ready for my leave - writing out detailed plans for March 1-17 for all four of my classes, getting all necessary copies and documents, and cleaning my classroom - and then about 2 more hours here at home working. It was exhausting and terrible, but it feels so good to know everything is set. While I was working today, my principal popped in and said they're interviewing for my sub Monday, and then want to see the person sample teach, and then want to get the person in my room for a few days to observe me... and I had to remind her that my last day is Tuesday (not the first reminder). So that's a bit stressful, but it's out of my hands.

Food cravings: Still mostly sweets, but I'm really craving a good salad/veggie sub right now. 

Movement: I can tell babe is definitely restricted in there, but still a steady amount of movement. I had a dream that we could see baby's fingers and handprint because they were pushing so hard! Luckily that's not a reality. Mostly, I'm just lopsided. I think it's because I have a narrow waist, so my stomach is just protruding straight out rather than to the sides. I can tell baby has dropped because the kicks are now bellow my belly button!
This is the norm. Even when I walk around, baby's poking out to my left.
Symptoms: Back ache has been a killer, especially since I was bending over and standing a lot today in my classroom. Pressure in my pelvis, too, because baby is gradually moving lower.

Labor signs: I'm 3cm dilated and 60% effaced! The doctor said that means I could have the baby any day, or in two weeks (so it means nothing). I had some contractions on Wednesday that sent me home a little early, but the doctor warned that can happen after they check your cervix for the first time. They weren't terrible, and I haven't had any since. Now that work is all settled (in terms of plans at least), I feel more ready. I also feel good about potentially waiting!
Doctor said they will look at inducing if baby hasn't come by March 14, but will try to induce by natural methods rather than drugs like Pitocin. Say a prayer now, because I've heard Pitocin makes labor a thousand times harder - it forces your body to have contraction after contraction, rather than your body naturally resting between contractions. 

Wedding rings on or off: Still on!

Happy or moody: Definitely back to happy this week. I have TWO more days of work (what!), and everything at our apartment is ready for baby. I feel really good physically, mentally, and am ready for baby to show any day, or when he/she is ready. I'm glad I'm not incredibly uncomfortable and am able to enjoy this fleeting part of life. I'm also excited to spend more time with Happy. He's been pretty obsessed with me and will follow me around when I get up to pee in the middle of the night. He can tell something is happening, and is being the best as usual.

Miss anything: This is so petty to complain about, especially since I've been sleeping so well, but it takes me forever to fall asleep. Like 1-2 hours. Once I'm out, I'm out though.

Looking forward to: Tuesday being over! I will officially be on maternity leave, and this will probably be the most peaceful few days of life. We have our next appointment on Wednesday morning, and I'm excited to see if I've dilated any more, or if baby's still doing their thing.


Poor thing got his teeth cleaned on Thursday. He was zombie-pup after and was staring into space, sleeping in his food bowl, and groaning non-stop. He's doing a lot better now and his teeth look GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment