Saturday, February 11, 2017

36 Weeks, 4 Days Pregnant!

This was one of my favorite dresses before pregnancy because it made me feel super slim. And while it has a different effect now, I felt really good showing off the bump at work. One of my kids gasped when she saw me and told me I looked very beautiful :)
How far along: 36 weeks, 4 days

Total weight gain: + 32 lbs

Stretch marks: Somehow, still none. My belly button is definitely being weird. It has no feeling at all, and is starting to go purple, which I think might just be a giant stretch mark that I can't see yet because it's so stretched.




Sleep: Good! Still averaging a little over 8 hours a night. I'm a lucky lady.

Best moment this week: Jon returning from his trip! Happy was SO adorably thrilled. He snuggled between us in bed for a few hours and was at a lot more peace since we were together. Thursday night he spent the whole night crying at me and trying to get me out the door, presumably so we could go pick up Jon. He's been in a much better mood since Jon's been home. We also went out to Castle Pines yesterday after I picked up Jon and just caught the sunset. It was beautiful, but cold and windy!


Happy LOVES this view. Both times we've been here, he just puts his face into the wind and stares. He loves jumping up and down the boulders. It's so adorable.
<3
Last time the bump was here, I was 7 weeks pregnant and on the verge of throwing up. This time we talked about picnicking here with baby in tow. My, how things change!
Worst moment this week: I went to the dentist and found out I have a few cavities. BUT (listen close, mom and dad!) the doctor said they're not my fault! She said I have the best teeth and gums of any pregnant lady she's worked with - I floss and use fluoride religiously. However, a few of the cavities I've had in the past were sealed rather than filled. That sealing cracked and bacteria got in there, causing cavities UNDER the sealant. There's no way I could've gotten that cleaned, hence the cavities (see... not my fault!). So I'm getting them filled on Thursday, and she said insurance will cover most of it so that's a relief! I'm also very glad it's getting done before baby because they could easily turn into root canals and I do NOT want to deal with that. 

Food cravings: Cinnamon toast crunch. I also got some dark chocolate covered pretzel thins, which are really hitting my sweet cravings.

Movement: Yep! Still hitting hard and looking like an alien!

Symptoms: I've got my backache back :( I've also been feeling super exhausted by 11 am, which is very hard to deal with when you teach. I just realized, though, that I have only 11 days left of work - and one of those days is a PD day! I'm shocked, and VERY excited. I know motherhood will be a completely different, and more difficult job. However, I'm excited for a different type of stress. It's hard being evaluated on your students' test scores when you're doing the best you can in the classroom. And it's hard knowing you're hitting all the different learners in your classroom, and still holding them to the standards dictated by the state. I'm ready for a little break from that stress and completely excited to trade it in to hold our little mystery babe.

Labor signs: I did have a few, fleeting Braxton Hicks contractions on Monday and Wednesday. It was scary on Monday because I was very anxious about going into labor right after Jon left for Florida. Then I had some contractions at work while my kids were getting ready to go to lunch. It was ROUGH because I just wanted to lay down, but I needed to round them up - you know, reminding them to pick up scraps and clean their desks and push in their chairs - and walk them to the lunchroom. Walking actually helped, but it took a lot out of me. People were not shy about saying "WHOA! You look exhausted!" One lady even told me I looked much more bloated than the previous day. Thanks. 

Wedding rings on or off: I think they're permanently on. I might've missed the window to take them off, and I'm hoping I don't swell TOO much and have to get them cut off. I would die.

Happy or moody: Still happy! I feel like I might go to my due date, which I would be totally fine with, mostly because I still feel relatively normal for being 9 months pregnant. Baby is definitely sitting lower and heavier, but all in all I feel good. I have not had many of the negative pregnancy symptoms, which completely helps my mood. I also don't feel the rush of hormones, and am not particularly weepy or grouchy. It's been good.

Miss anything: Being able to roll over in the middle of the night without needing to wake up and heave myself around. I also have been peeing a ton more in the middle of the night. I'm lucky that I can go right back to sleep, but it's rather annoying having to get up every 2 hours.

Looking forward to: Jon and I are in the process of upgrading our phones! Ours have been slowly crapping out, and we figure we better get this done before baby makes their grand entrance. This next week is a short week at school - at least for the kids. We have our next appointment on Tuesday so I'm leaving work early for that. It's on Valentine's Day, which will be great since we generally do a date in the city after. I'm thinking taco Tuesday at El Camino again. Then the kids have their Valentine's party on Thursday, and we have professional development on Friday. I love PD days because you can wear whatever you want, and it's not as emotionally/mentally draining as dealing with the kids. I LOVE teaching, but it's a lot of work to manage their behavior and be sure they're getting an education to the standards in place. Stressful. And I have next Monday off, so that's a joy!


Happy was ALL OVER me when Jon was gone. He was very protective, and such a good pup. He would poop right when expected so I was never late for work or bed, ate really well (until Thursday) and was super snuggly. Everything I needed while Jon was gone.
This photo is from just over two years ago, and my heart just burst seeing it. This was when Genevieve was absolutely enamored with Uncle Jon's face. And look at his sweet smile! He's going to be such a great dad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment