Saturday, March 4, 2017

39 Weeks, 4 Days Pregnant!


How far along: 39 weeks, 4 days

Total weight gain: +36 lbs

Stretch marks: No new ones!

Sleep: Even better now that I'm on maternity leave! I still wake up to take Jon to the train, but I can skip all the getting ready hassle. Averaging 9 hours this week!

Best moment this week: Sunday was fun because I was extremely tired and took a midday nap with Happy. Jon did all the grocery shopping and carting his buyings up three flights of stairs (plus a surprise Starbucks run) all by himself because he's just the best. We also got desserts from Eddie Merlot's and watched the Oscars!
Jon snapped this right before he left for grocery shopping
Peanut Butter Cup. Also, please note Happy's hopeful sniffing.
Wednesday was probably my favorite. We had a morning appointment, which we never have, so I picked up Jon from work around 9:30 and we went to the doctor. The doctor went well, and then Jon picked out this little sandwich place, Olive & Finch and it was not only delicious, but healthy and adorable too! It was fun to have a lunch with him midday before dropping him back at work. Since being off work, I've gotten a lot done and a lot of resting, which is really great.
The Ankara. Turkey, brie, apples, and arugula. YUM!
Worst moment this week: Um... not having baby? Everyone has said they'd be shocked if I go any longer based on how dilated and effaced I am, yet here I stand! It's not awful though. I'm not in any discomfort, it's just hard to wait.

Food cravings: Sweets! I got some macaroons, meringues, chocolate covered bananas, and have been chowing down on pineapple like it's never growing back. That's more because I heard it can spur on labor, but it's still delicious.
I didn't save any for Jon. Not. Even. One. 
Movement: Still pounding away in there. Not as violent or harsh, but baby is still moving a lot!

Labor signs: Some very inconsistent and minor contractions (I can talk, walk, and move around easily through them). I am now officially 4 cm dilated and 70% effaced. I read that being 4 cm dilated means you're in active labor, but I can tell you there is nothing active about the labor I'm having over here. I've been walking over a mile daily with Happ, and we went on a nice long walk today, so I'm hoping that spurs on something!
There are a ton of walking trails right outside our apartment, so it's been nice exploring them. Plus they all go in little loops, so I'm never far from home just in case something happens!
Wedding rings on or off: On!

Happy or moody: Mostly happy, with some moodiness sprinkled in for good measure. Like I said, I'm feeling totally fine. This waiting game is rough though. Especially when ladies who were due weeks after me are welcoming their little ones now! Luckily for me, and unfortunately for her, Grace still hasn't had her sweet one, so we're in the same boat there.

Miss anything: Getting real excited at the prospect of beer! Really looking forward to my first Breckinridge Vanilla Porter after baby shows :)

Looking forward to: Baby's arrival! If baby doesn't show, we'll have another appointment Tuesday with a definite ultrasound to check on little one and fluid levels. That'll be really fun to see him/her one last time before it's in real life! Plus if I make it to then, we get another date in the city! Pros and cons of having to wait.

9 weeks ~ 19 weeks ~ 29 weeks ~ 39 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment