Friday, December 30, 2016

30 Weeks, 3 Days Pregnant!



How far along: 30 weeks, 3 days

Total weight gain: +22.6 lbs

Maternity clothes: I got some cute things for Christmas that I'm saving for work. Still sporting the baggie t-shirts and joggers since it's break :)

Stretch marks: None yet! I do have what appears to be some little cuts above my belly button, but I think that's from moving our dresser up two flights on stairs. My belly kept getting in the way and may have gotten a bit scraped. On our ascent upstairs, we agreed we will be getting professional movers next move.

Sleep: Great! I got a new FitBit for Christmas (Thanks, Heeters!) and have been able to better track my sleep. I get about 7.5 on average, which is lower than my previous 9-11. However, 7.5 is still great, especially for being this pregnant so I'm pleased.

Best moment this week: This week had a lot! Christmas was a BLAST. We stayed in PJs literally all day, cooked a delicious dinner, and felt the love from all the presents from home. It was really a dream "last" Christmas with just us.
On Wednesday, Jon worked from home and I got a haircut! I haven't gotten my hair cut since late May, so it felt like a treat. Plus I found a lady who is great with curly hair, and I feel like this is probably the best haircut I've had in 5 years. I did cry a little inside when I saw how much it was, but for only cutting my hair twice a year, I guess I can splurge!
My favorite day was yesterday because I spent a lot of the day with Grace and Parker. Parker is at the most adorable stage - he can hold conversations, asks a million questions, is developing passions like Paw Patrol - so it's always fun to see him. I had a new respect for Grace seeing her just as pregnant as me and holding a conversation while P climbed all over her. Since we work together, we get to see each other often, but it's usually fleeting conversations. I really loved having hours of conversation with her about everything and nothing. I could have stayed all day, but poor Happy was alone most of the day so I reluctantly went home.

Worst moment this week: I don't have a particular moment other than just getting very uncomfortable. I feel great throughout the day, but by nighttime I just hurt. Jon always offers massages, but it's pain that is deep in my spine. Thank you, baby.

Food cravings: You'll be surprised to hear that I have not been craving sweets. I actually have been losing my appetite throughout the day. I didn't eat well yesterday and I feel very guilty for not providing baby with nutrients it needs. I ate healthy, but just not a lot of food. I have been craving noodles lately. We made breadcrumb and lemon spinach pasta last night, which I used to make when I lived alone, and it really hit the spot.

Gender: I am now almost fully convinced it's a boy. I think I'll be surprised if they shout, "It's a girl!" when the time comes!

Movement: Yup! Baby is head down, but prefers to kick my left side often. I did get a few kicks to the ribs yesterday, and I was not a fan. Baby is quiet at times, and then goes crazy at others. My stomach sometimes looks like a rolling ocean!

Symptoms: Like I said before, back pain and discomfort. I also need to hold my breath when I lean over because my lungs just don't have room to expand. I'm definitely moving slower to sit and lean over. I've also been having bad dreams lately, which is no fun.

Belly button in or out: Out.

Wedding rings on or off: On. I'm fairly convinced at this point I can keep them on most of the way through this thing.

Happy or moody: Mostly happy! I do find myself occasionally sad for no real reason, but it's typically fleeting.

Looking forward to: This weekend! Jon gets off work early today, and then we are going to construct our dresser (FINALLY!) and clean up the nursery. I am SO excited. Tomorrow we're going to Fooducopia for a New Years Eve dinner (thanks, Logan & Linda, for showing us that gem!). We're going out early because I will not make it to midnight. Jon gets Monday off, so we get extra hang out time. And then I have a PD day on Tuesday before the kids return on Wednesday. I've been planning a TON this week, and it's getting me excited to get back into teaching. We're starting one of my favorite books in my literacy class - which will take us up to my maternity leave - and we're starting to learn about space in science! Although winter can be dreary, I always try to teach fun and exciting things to make me not hate it. I'm still settling on a "last day" date, but am shocked when I realize I truly have 2 months left to teach.

One of the biggest perks to pregnancy is a mobile table top!
We were very hesitant about this bagel - it's like a rock, and Happy's teeth are nubs - but Happy LOVED it. He buried it in the car (he's never buried anything) and then sat on our bed and worked on it until he chomped the whole thing down!
Lopsided baby. You can see the butt sticking out on the left.
Our DELICIOUS Christmas dinner (that we are still eating). Brown sugar, pineapple crock pot ham, sausage and cranberry stuffing, basil and parmesan roasted green beans, and crispy garlic potatoes. One of our best meals yet.
We made Happy this little bed to discourage him sitting in the rocker (which he's doing this very minute, ugh) and he's pretty obsessed. On Wednesday when Jon was home, Happy spent at least half the day laying here. I just can't wait until he meets baby.
Jon brought home a cookie recipe (yes, the same guy who "doesn't like" sweets), so I had to make them. They are Paris Wafers, or cream cookies, and had a total of 3 sticks of butter in them. However, they have no sugar other than pressing them into sugar before you put them on the cookie sheet. Balance, right? You sandwich the cookies with a butter frosting. They didn't turn out as great as when Jon had them, but it was fun trying something new!
Jon and I agreed yesterday that Happy has gotten a lot more loving and snuggly since I've been pregnant. Last night before I got Jon, I wasn't feeling well and Happy snuggled up to me and stayed here until it was time to get Jon. Usually he just lays nearby, but he's all about pressing right against my belly and snuggling his nose somewhere under me. If we're all going somewhere, he refuses to go down the stairs until I do. It's really sweet and makes me love him so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment