Sunday, December 11, 2016

27 Weeks, 5 Days Pregnant!

I am so lucky that Grace and I are due just four days apart because I got to borrow this beautiful red dress for Jon's work party!

How far along: 27 weeks, 5 days (two more days until the 3rd trimester!)

Total weight gain: +19 lbs. I read I am right on track, so I'm not letting it get me down!

Maternity clothes: On and off, as usual. I ordered a few tops from Pink Blush Maternity for Christmas and am excited to unwrap them and start using them! 

Stretch marks: I thought I had a few, but it was just from creases in my pants. My belly is super itchy, so I wouldn't be surprised if they pop up really soon!

Sleep: Doing mostly well! Logan surprised me with the Snoogle. At first, I was skeptical. I don't sleep with extra pillows and couldn't see how it could help that much. It's seriously a dream. It holds me in place all night so I don't roll onto my belly and wake up in pain. I usually only use it half the night, but it helps my back stay aligned, which alleviates my pain. Thanks, Logan!!
For two nights in a row (Wednesday and Thursday nights), I was waking up at 11:00pm and would be awake until 1 or 2am. It was very frustrating.

Best moment this week: Jon's work party for sure! It was one of the fanciest events I have been to, and every single person I met was incredibly friendly. The event was held in a museum that Jon and I visited this summer. All the exhibits were open, and Jon and I spent a lot of time revisiting some of our favorites. In most of the exhibits, you were alone, which was really fun. The food was incredible. There was a salad with grapes and blue cheese and candied walnuts. They had salmon and pork, and delicious fresh baked rolls. And they had a heavenly chocolate torte of which I could've eaten four. Jon and I went back for seconds and stumbled upon a caricature artist! So we got our picture drawn, and then watched people dance crazy on the dance floor. Jon and his boss even won an award for best movie picture representation of themselves (Harry & Marv from Home Alone) so we brought home some cash. All in all, a very fun, fancy, and free evening out in the city.

Worst moment this week: Our kitchen sink is clogged. It's debilitating. We seriously don't know how to function. They have to come out tomorrow to fix it, and we have to deal with dirty water in both our sinks for the day/night. Ew. Jon's staying home tomorrow because they don't know when they'll be able to come by. Happy will be so pleased.

Food cravings: Breakfast sandwich on sweet bagels! I've been making sausage and cheese omelets and putting them on cinnamon raisin bagels (see example below) and seriously can't get enough. It satisfies my salt and sweet cravings! And is terrible for me, so I only have 1-2 a week :)

Gender: Still don't know!

Movement: Yep! Baby goes nuts in there multiple times a day. I recently began feeling hiccups from the baby and I seriously can't stand it. I mean, it's so cool, but it kind of drives me up the wall. Luckily it only happens 1-2 times a day so far. 

Symptoms: I have this really weird neck/back pain along my spine. It almost feels like a sunburn, but in my muscle. It flares up randomly, and is basically the worst. My back hasn't hurt too much lately, which is a great relief. I've definitely started feeling the need to pee a ton more!

Belly button in or out: Out. Jon and I actually realized yesterday that it is at the end of the line and can't stretch anymore, so it's nice knowing it won't get much worse.

Wedding rings on or off: On.

Happy or moody: Happy! We just put up the crib and got a mattress and it already makes me feel like this is all really happening. We have a spot cleared (ish) for our rocker that is coming next weekend. I'm so thrilled to get the ball rolling on the nursery because baby is not far from coming!

Looking forward to: This is the last week of school before Winter Break! One of my kids slipped and mentioned some surprise for me on Friday, so it's hard not to be a little curious/excited about that! Plus, my parents are coming next weekend!!!!! I am SOOOO excited! It's going to be kind of crummy weather, but I have os much planned (plus relaxing, don't worry mom & dad). It is so exciting that we get to see them one more time before baby comes. Happy is beyond excited, too.


Cheddar and sausage omelet on a cinnamon raisin bagel. I could eat four right now.
Jon and I had "dessert bonanza" on Monday and it was a great way to turn the week around!
Baby's first Christmas!
Looks like my favorite winter coat is at its limit
At one of the exhibits in History Colorado
Jon's creepy 'stache is my favorite party
Matchy-matchy!
We stood over the crib talking about how weird it will be to have a little person in there! (But seriously, isn't the crib perfect?)

No comments:

Post a Comment