Saturday, August 27, 2016

12 Weeks, 4 Days Pregnant!

 Can you tell I have a cold and just woke up? :)


How far along? 12 weeks, 4 days

Total weight gain: +1.6 lbs

Maternity clothes? Not yet!  

Stretch marks? Not yet!

    Sleep: Great! Sleep is my best friend. Jon's pretty cool with me going to bed around 8:30 every night. Last night I stayed up until 10 (crazy!), and ended up sleeping over 9 hours. I'm soaking this up since I've heard second trimester insomnia can hit at any point. Eek!

Best moment this week: Friday night. We didn't do much, but it was nice knowing it was the weekend and I got to hang out with Jon uninterrupted. We got Pizza Hut (indulging those cravings), watched The Office, and snuggled Happy. It was nice just relaxing and talking. Also visiting Little Man Ice Cream with Jon's parents last weekend. They have the BEST ice cream (worth the 40+ minute wait), and Jon said we can go there after my next appointment - before dinner even!

Miss anything? Beer! Now that Oktoberfest beer has arrived, I'm truly missing it. However, pumpkin has hit most coffee shops, so I'm still enjoying the tastes of fall! Jon will be traveling for work at the end of September, and I warned him he will come back to a "fall-ified" apartment! I cannot wait!

Food cravings: Nothing that is set in stone, but I get cravings that must be indulged from time to time. My students' journal for Friday was about their favorite food, and that was really rough reading all those! Ice cream, caesar salads, pizza, hot wings, toaster pastries... I wanted it all! I'm still on the fruit kick, and we end endless watermelon and sundew... have you heard of it? Like honeydew, but a bright yellow outside and a much sweeter inside.

Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope! I still occasionally get nauseous in the morning or evenings, but I'm still able to eat which is great. Sometimes smells will really turn me off. Stinky students are very rough, and smelly garbage is too much.

Gender: Mystery! We are now about 100% we'll find out at delivery. :) 

Movement: Nope!

Symptoms: Not sure if it's a symptom, but I wake up with a flat belly, and it turns into about a 6-month pregnant belly by bedtime. Other than that, things are evening out now that I'm in the second trimester (woohoo!).

Belly button in or out? In!  

Wedding rings on or off: On. 

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy! I developed a cold this week, which hit me HARD, and I'm doing a pretty good job of feeling sorry for myself. But overall I feel pretty good. I haven't really been moody yet (maybe double check with Jon on that though!).


Looking forward to: My next appointment on Tuesday. I'm pretty sure they won't do an ultrasound, but it will be nice to know we're out of the "miscarriage window." My principal will announce my pregnancy to the staff at our Wednesday meeting if all goes well, so that will be fun, too!

 Visiting the Garden of the Gods for the first time! Colorado Springs was supposed to be cold that day, but turned out hot and a pregnant Tessie in long sleeves and long pants did not fair well. We only explored a little, but we're excited to go back at some point and do some real hiking!

At our favorite Mexican restaurant, Hacienda Colorado, with Jon's parents! It was fun having them visit for the weekend. We got to do and see a lot of things we haven't before, which was so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment