Saturday, September 3, 2016

13 Weeks, 4 Days Pregnant!

I think the bump is less baby and more cottage cheese with Western dressing :)

How far along? 13 weeks, 4 days

Total weight gain: +1.5 lbs

Maternity clothes? Not yet!

Stretch marks? Not yet!

Sleep: Still great. However, I do have the strangest dreams and it feels like I have about 7 a night. Plus they’re very vivid so I never know whether it’s a dream or real life until I wake up.

Best moment this week: Going to Estes Park today! It was beautiful there, and we explored a lot. We saw tons of mountains, beautiful homes, and the adorable downtown – similar to Lake Geneva. Plus we walked Happy around the town and they had a really cute riverwalk behind the main drag. It seemed as though Happy was considering getting in the river, so we got out of there pretty quick. Jon played photographer and shot a few bump photos of me and Happy so that was really fun, too. Just an all around perfect day! :) Not to mention when we got home, we put up some fall decorations! Our fireplace is looking very festive.

Miss anything? Now that I’m in the second trimester, I’m feeling great so I’m not missing a lot. We got salt-water taffy and I got a lot of cocktail flavors – mint mojito, margarita, daiquiri, pina colada – so hopefully that will help my alcohol craving!

Food cravings: Not really. I’m pretty into cottage cheese with Western dressing (thanks mom!), salt and vinegar chips, and the occasional sweet, but I’ve always liked those things.

Anything making you queasy or sick? Nothing!

Gender: Mystery!

Movement: Nope!

Symptoms: My stomach still drastically changes shape throughout the day (see picture above), but I usually begin the day with a flat stomach. This makes me think the “bump” is just food and bloating!

Belly button in or out? In!

Wedding rings on or off: On.

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy! I’ve been sleeping great, have a lot more energy, and am much more into adventuring. For a few weeks, Jon had to do all the grocery shopping alone because I couldn’t stand the thought of walking around the store. Now I feel like I could climb a mountain!


Looking forward to: Tomorrow morning we're making frosted flake crusted challah french toast. It's one of my favorites and very time intensive, so it's going to be an adventure! Also, we found a great deal for Hello Fresh ($20 for three meals!), and I cannot wait for the box to arrive! The three meals we chose are Caramelized-Pineapple Burgers with Monterey jack cheese and red cabbage slaw, Roasted Pork with balsamic fig sauce, green beans, and rosemary potatoes, and Smoky Black Bean Cakes with sweet corn, avocado salsa, and arugula. We love to cook so it will be fun to try new recipes and have all the ingredients we need delivered straight to our door!

Hello baby! Baby is facing the camera with it's head on the right and it's bum on the left. You can see the two halves of the skull!


Celebratory Little Man Ice Cream (french toast and banana chip) after our second successful appointment!


We drove up to Rocky Mountain National Park (and then turned around when we realized it was $20/day and we didn't have our walking shoes).

Salt water taffy because Jon loves the baby (and me!)


Leaving Estes Park

No comments:

Post a Comment