Sunday, November 27, 2016

25 Weeks, 5 Days Pregnant!

Really feeling like there's no hiding it anymore!

How far along: 25 weeks, 5 days

Total weight gain: +18.6 lbs. I'm doing my best not to panic! 

Maternity clothes: Yes! Linda got me a ton of adorable clothes for our shower, and I borrowed a lot from Kristy, so I think I am set until I grow too big for these!

Stretch marks: Nope! Still diligently using my stretch mark prevention trio. I used some delicious lavender lotion before bed while I was staying at my parents and it helped me sleep so well! I'm thinking of trying to find it here because I loved it so much.

Sleep: Doing pretty good there. I've noticed that falling asleep is getting more and more difficult. I slept very well at my parents due to their cloud-like mattress. And I slept like a rock last night since we had been driving all day and were exhausted. But last night it still took me about an hour to fall asleep. Luckily, I stay asleep once I fall asleep so I really shouldn't complain.

Best moment this week: Going home for Thanksgiving! Jon and I were so, so happy with the whole trip. It was very relaxing and filled with family and friends, and we couldn't have asked for more. Our moms really outdid themselves for our shower. It was great to visit with people we haven't seen in so long and feel all the love. Today we spent some time putting ornaments on the tree which was really fun. We also tried out Modern Kitchen and it was delicious! We will definitely be going back.

Worst moment this week: Driving back to Colorado in one day was not exactly the worst, but I'm glad it's not a trip we make often. It was the easiest drive yet, but somewhat painful and exhausting to sit in a car all day. Happy was a champ, of course, and was sooooo excited when he got into the apartment. He kept running to check out the bed and his toys and his little bed. We could tell he was glad to be back.

Food cravings: Still Charleston Chews - which my lovely parents had bought for me! - and honey roasted peanuts. Luckily we got some of those today. I still reeeeally want sweets, so I'm hoping the honey roasted peanuts will help that sweet tooth while still packing on some nutrients.

Gender: No clue! Majority of people seem to think boy, so we'll see! Jon still thinks boy, but now I'm leaning towards girl. It seriously changes daily.

Movement: Lots of movement! It's really fun to feel and see baby kick. Jon's been having fun playing with babe and trying to make it move.

Symptoms: Sore back! My lower back really hurts, but I'm wondering if that's aftermath of the extended car ride. Also, I can tell my ankles are a bit poofier than usual.

Belly button in or out: Out, and still stretching!

Wedding rings on or off: ON!

Happy or moody: Happy. I feel very refreshed having been at home and with our families. I'm also very optimistic about the next few weeks since there's another break coming up!

Looking forward to: Jon's work Christmas party! I'm so excited to meet more of his coworkers - they've all been incredibly nice - and for a fancy night out in the city. That's on the 10th, so we have a few more weeks. And my winter break begins the 16th, so I am already dying for that!

Thanksgiving!

Can you tell Happy was glad to be back in this bed?

The entry to our lovely shower!



Jon captured the look on my face as I loaded up a plate full of Portillos for the first time in 5 months 

No comments:

Post a Comment